Often people ask me what I read and what books I recommend. This is no hardship, as I love to read and talk about books. So, I decided to add a section to my website to give you some suggestions from my bookshelf.
I read romance (obviously), romantic suspense (again, of course), paranormal romance, crime fiction, young adult fantasy, adult fantasy, historical fiction, science fiction, and mystery. Here you will find a diverse array of books that I would recommend to any avid reader. Again, these choices are my own, so take from it if you wish.
(In no particular order as I love them all)
- Outlander (All of them!), Diana Gabaldon
- Anna Todd, After Series (5 part series - Love, Love, Love)
- Deborah Harkness, The All Souls Trilogy
- JR Ward, Black Dagger Brotherhood Series (Paranormal Romance)
- Nora Roberts, The Sign of Seven, (Romantic Suspense)( I love everything Nora writes, but this series was one of my favourites)
- Nora Roberts, Chronicles of The One (Dystopian Science Fiction)
- Marissa Meyer, The Lunar Chronicles (Young Adult Science Fiction)
- Amanda Hocking, Kanin Chronicles and Tryelle: The Complete Trilogy (YA Fantasy)
- Becca Fitzpatrick, Hush, Hush Saga (YA Fantasy)
- Kathy Reichs, Virals (YA Fantasy)
- Michael Connelly, All the Harry Bosch novels! (Mystery)
- Sherlock Holmes, Arthur Conan Doyle
- Veronica Roth, Divergent Series (Young Adult Fiction)
- Amy Stuart, Still Mine and Still Water (Psychological Thriller)
- Colleen Hoover, Slammed Series, (Coming of Age Fiction), All Your Perfects, Reminders of Him, Ugly Love (Really any thing she has written)
- Nicholas Sparks, Every Breath (But really, anything Nicholas Sparks. And make sure to grab an extra box of tissues if you do because he WILL make you cry.)
- JR Ward, Consumed (Mystery, Thriller, and Suspense)
- Liliana Hart, J.J. Graves Mysteries (Mystery)
- Meg Cabot, Insatiable and Overbite (Paranormal/Fantasy)
- Jamie McGuire, Beautiful Disaster and Walking Disaster (New Adult Fiction) (Must read both as it is the same story, but from a different POV!)
- The Alice Network, Kate Quinn
- Angela Addams, A Witch Hospital Romance Series (She is an Ontario author! Love this series)
And... for those of you who are looking for the perfect guilty pleasure read, here's a list of authors just for you. It will be just between us. My lips are sealed. Or be sure to tell all your friends, because these juicy reads should be shared.
- Lauren Blakely (seriously, all steamy, all the time!) (e-book and audiobooks only)
- Julia Kent, Random Acts series (So many abs!!) (e-book and audiobooks only)
- S.L Scott, The Crow Brothers (e-book and audiobooks only)
Honestly, these lists could go on forever, but I just picked a few. As I read new ones I will add to this list.